Have you been hiring cheap because you are afraid to hire better?
Are you afraid that those better qualified will leave when something better comes along?
Are you settling for less qualified labor just to save money?
HUH? Are you NUTS? The job applicant pool is incredibly better than ever due to the many layoffs and forced retirements.
Yes, they are used to higher wages than you may normally be able to afford, but with only 6 month of unemployment insurance in most cases, these highly qualified people need jobs, too, and are willing to accept less, even far less in some cases.
Even better, many are unwilling to go back to the corporate world and would love to work at a smaller business – less stress, more casual atmosphere, and many other attractive attributes are common to small business.
In addition, you can potentially save on office space and equipment since many corporate refugees have well equipped home offices and could work from home for you.
Just think, hiring better… hmmm. What a load off your mind. Sit back and imagine these 5 results of hiring better qualified staff …
- You’ll be less stressed with a qualified staff that can be empowered and trusted to make decisions within your guidelines.
- You’ll have HAPPY customers because they don’t have to wait until someone can “ask the owner/manager” before they can solve the problem.
- You’ll spend less time training a staff that not only could easily assimilate the duties of your business, but also can help your business grow because of their experience and know how.
- You’ll save money in terms of productivity with a staff that has OFFICE computer skills, social media savvy, operations knowledge, accounting skills, and more.
- And last but not least … OMG – Yes, these higher qualified people will attract more customers because they actually have excellent PEOPLE SKILLS!!!
Worst case scenario, even if they only work 1 year because they later find a much higher level position, think of how much they could up-level your business in just that one year…
Why, oh why, aren’t you taking advantage of all these skilled workers who are struggling to find work???