Print this handy checklist of some key elements that should be in your email newsletter or promotion:
Your “From” and “Subject” Lines:
- Does your “From” line include your company name or brand?
Does your “Subject” line:
- meet the length guidelines (5-8 words, 40 characters including spaces)?
- incorporate a specific benefit?
- include your brand (if for some reason your “From” line does not)?
- create a sense of urgency?
- avoid words or punctuation — such as “Free” or exclamation points — that could trigger spam filters?
Your Email Copy:
- Will your content be interesting and meaningful to the people you’re sending it to?
- Is your email personalized with the recipient’s first name, last name, or both, if appropriate?
- Is your email copy clear and concise?
- Will your contacts know what to do once they’ve read your email? Should they call to request your free offer? Print out a coupon? Provide comments and feedback on an article?
- Does your email clearly explain how your product or service can help [benefit] the recipient? Save them money? Time? Aggravation?
- Have you used appropriate graphics while also making good use of white space?
Important Last-Second Checks:
- Are you prepared to handle inbound email responses and questions resulting from your outbound email campaigns? Follow-through is as important as the first contact.
- Have you proofread the “From” line, “Subject” line, and email copy thoroughly?
- Have you checked all links to be sure they work properly?
- Have you previewed and sent yourself a test in both HTML and text formats?
- IS IT MOBILE FRIENDLY?
When you can answer “yes” to these questions, you are ready to hit the “Send” button.
Haven’t tried Constant Contact yet? Really? Click here for a free trial.
Congratulations on starting your campaign to stay in touch with your customers! Contact SMB Smart Marketing, LLC for more information.