Are you guilty of lost time picking through discount racks to NOT find what you need?
It is a far more enjoyable shopping experience to “Shop Small.” Since Entrepreneurs are always short on time, small business shops and services can be a huge time saver once you establish a relationship with the staff. And since you entrepreneurs are always watching every dime, shopping small keeps you out of hot water when you need your needs met. For example, your small business will educate you on extending the life of your purchases, and proper use. In addition, with your sales history, they can make suggestions for wiser future purchases to supplement what you already own.
You will get additional value if you ASK your small business:
- Do you keep my purchases on file?
- Will I be notified of sales or specials?
- Will you let me know if something I expressed an interest in goes on sale or is running out?
- Can I work with the same salesperson each time if I find a good match for me?
- Do you have a loyalty program?
- Is there a maintenance alert program (for home and office machines, appliances, landscapers, etc) perhaps via email or texting?
ASK, ASK, ASK! You’d be surprised what they might offer for your customer service experience if you only ask.
I know our clients are very happy when we notice items of concern or mistakes FOR them before a consumer does. And by the same token, we are very happy to have small businesses who help US with their specific goods or services so we can keep our minds focused on our clients.
Generally, small business owners LOVE what they do. Give them a chance to treat you special and you’ll save a lot of time and money – and stress!
:) Take 5 minutes to post a good review on social media or review sites (like Yelp or Google Places for Business) for the small businesses who make your daily life easier! They work hard to keep you coming back.